An Elevator Pitch is the perfect tool to have in your arsenal during your job search!
An Elevator Pitch is a 30-second speech that includes:
- Who you are
- What you do
- Why you are the best at what you do
- Why you should be considered for employment
This might sound simple, but it takes practice to ensure you provide a great snapshot of yourself, make a great impression, and leave with a job lead or contact.
6 Steps to Develop an Elevator Pitch:
- Identify Goals – know your field and details of the type of job you are looking for.
- Write it – note everything you would like to portray during your pitch including, education, skills, experience, etc. Don’t be autobiographical, be specific. The goal is to peak their interest, and land you a meeting/interview!
- Format & Edit – your pitch should be revised and condensed a number of times. Test it out on your friends, family and co-workers and listen to their feedback.
- Tailor Variations – your pitch should be tailored to your audience. Create slight variations of your pitch to use in different situations (e.g.-meeting a CEO, Employee, or networking with Professionals).
- Practice – continue reciting your pitch until it comes to you naturally.
- Deliver it with enthusiasm and confidence!
Don’t forget – Metro College Job Search Support Service is available to help you with your resume, interview skills and job search. Contact us today!