Metro College of Technology is located in one of the most active business markets in Canada. Toronto has a thriving small and medium business community, and countless ways for professionals to network!
Networking is an important aspect of Professional Development and career success. Learn how to start growing your own professional network today!
Networking Tips for Students:
- Networking Can Land You a Job! Employers are now relying more on referrals and recommendations from their own networks and employees. Start going to networking events related to your industry, and take business cards to give to those you meet.
- The Importance of Networking in Your Job Search Networking can expand your horizons and expose you to new job opportunities that might not be advertised on traditional channels (e.g. job boards, employment websites, newspapers etc.).
- Take Control of Your Career! Networking is an opportunity to learn about different aspects of your industry, and areas that you might not have known about.
- Career Tip: Network Like a Professional! Be prepared to network at any opportunity. Dress to impress, have an elevator pitch ready, and be visible online (e.g. update your LinkedIn profile regularly).
- Create the Perfect Elevator Pitch Develop, practice and perfect your 30-second elevator pitch, and make it memorable!
Make the Most of Your Job Placement Grow you professional network while you work. Meet your co-workers, managers and supervisors and get to know them professionally.