Being ready for a job interview involves more than getting a good night’s sleep, arriving on time and dressing professionally. During the days before the interview, you should research the company and job, and practice interview skills so you don’t get caught off guard with interview questions!
Top 5 Tips to Ace Your Next Interview:
- Be Yourself – A job interview is an opportunity for employers to get to know you and get a feel for how you will fit in with the company culture. This is an opportunity to stand out from the crowd, show your personality and professionalism.
- Keep Your Answers Short – Provide answers to the specific questions asked during your interview. Stay focused and don’t go off topic! Being able to provide a succinct answer demonstrates your mastery of listening and communication skills.
- Reframe Your Faults – The interviewer may ask you to identify your biggest challenge or fault. Practice your interview skills beforehand and have an answer ready. Be sure to reframe your answer into a positive, and never end an answer on a negative note.
- Identify a Past Challenge – Interviewers will usually ask you to identify a challenge you have faced in your past employment and describe how you handled the situation. Practice answering this question with various examples and solutions so you are not caught off guard when asked. Ensure you portray a good example of how you overcame a challenge and succeeded!
- Have Your Questions Ready – At the end of the interview you may be asked if you have any questions. This is where you can demonstrate your understanding of the company and the job duties. Be ready with some thought-out questions that demonstrate your knowledge and interest.
Are you having problems preparing for job interviews? Learn about Metro College Job Search Assistance Service, and get the help you need!