Metro College of Technology is dedicated to preparing students for the workforce. In addition to hands-on intensive training, Metro College provides thorough Job Preparation Services, a one-stop shop for students during their job preparation and job search.
Take advantage of the Metro College Job Preparation Resources!
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop - Finding a job in today’s competitive job market involves standing out from the crowd! If your resume is stacked in a pile of 100 other job applicants, does your resume stand out? Additional Tips: Top 6 Resume Tips and 4 Tips to Securing a Great Reference.
- Job Search and Networking - Hunting for a job is a full-time job in itself. In a competitive job market, time is of the essence. Learn how to perform a job search and where to look for industry specific opportunities! Additional Tips: 10 Step Guide to Job Search and Networking Can Land You a Job!
- Interview Workshop - Being ready for a job interview involves more than getting a good night’s sleep, arriving on time and dressing professionally. During the days before the interview you should research the company and job, and practice interview skills so you don’t get caught off guard with interview questions! Additional Tips: Top 5 Tips to Ace Your Next Interview and Do a Follow-Up After Your Interview.
- Job Search Support - Metro College provide job search support for all its graduates. The support includes generating a master resume, customize a resume for a specific job posting, practicing on interviews and analyzing an actual interview. This will increase the number of interviews and help students pass the real job interviews.
- Internship, Co-Op service, and Research Projects - Metro College provides graduates who need work experience in their field of study through its Work Experience Program and co-op placement service. Those students who want to get longer work experience are encouraged to participate in a research project in their field of study. This will remove the barrier on their way to be employed.
Need more career advice? Check out career tips for recent graduates: