Civil Engineering Design and Technology
The Civil Engineering Design and Technology program at Metro College of Technology will equip students with the required knowledge and skills for a career in road and highway engineering. It is aimed at both beginners and those with civil engineering experience. The program covers a wide range of subjects, from road/highway analysis and design principles to state of the art software programs such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D and InRoads. The civil design project will provide students with an opportunity to apply their civil design knowledge in a work setting using the civil design software. It is led by highly experienced instructors at our dynamic Toronto campus.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Solid Mechanics
- Blueprint Reading and Electronic File Management
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- MicroStation 2D and 3D
- Road/Highway Planning and Geometric Design
- Road/Highway Design Using Civil 3D
- Road/Highway Design Using InRoads
- Estimation Using Timberline
- Project Management Using Primavera
- Project Management Using MS Project
- Civil Design Project
- Professional Development
- Co-op placement (Optional)
COLLEGE DIPLOMA: Yes.
DURATION: 35 Weeks.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (or) passing an entrance test and admissions interview. In addition, basic computer skills are also required. Previous college or university level education in science, technology or engineering is recommended.
Career opportunities upon graduation
- CAD Technician/Technologist
- Civil Drafter
- Civil Designer
- Road/highway Designer
- Civil Project Estimator
- Civil Project Coordinator
- Civil Technologist
- Highway Engineering Designer
- Municipal Technologist
- Road/Highway Design Detailer