Second career program
What is it?
Second Career Program is a Government of Ontario funding initiative.
You may qualify for up to $28,000 to cover your training expenses, according to your personal financial situation. Second Career funding may be used to pay for things like tuition, accommodation, materials and transport and is non-reimbursable.
Am I elegible?
You are eligible for Second Career Program financial aid if the following applies to you:
- you have been laid off, on sick leave or maternity/paternal leave; or your employment contract has ended;
- you are unemployed or under-employed (less than 20 hours per week);
- You are an Ontario resident;
- You wish to take one of our diploma programs.
How do I apply?
To apply for this financial assistance:
- Prepare your resume and keep records of your job searches and applications
- Come for a pre-assessment session with one of our admissions advisors
- Make an appointment with an employment advisor at a government service agency to confirm that you qualify
- Find a program meeting your educational needs
- Prepare all required documents
- Send your Second Career application off for approval
Free application service
The Second Career program is a great opportunity for skill development to improve your job prospects or start an exciting new career.
We offer a FREE service to familiarize you with Second Career Toronto and help you prepare a successful application.
Book an appointment with one of our admission advisors: