Software Training for CNC Programmers, Machinists & Mechanical Engineers Course in Toronto
The MasterCAM Course at Metro College of Technology is designed to train students to use AutoCAD and SolidWorks in order to accomplish mechanical drafting, operate CNC machines and to do CNC programming manually. Students will also learn the most important of CAM programs: MasterCAM. They will have the opportunity to enhance and apply their skills in the practicum, which will expose them to a real work environment for invaluable work experience.
Modules of the Software Training for CNC Programmers, Machinists and Mechanical Engineers course:
- AutoCAD 2D
- AutoCAD 3D
- MasterCAM I
- MasterCAM II
- CNC Operation practicum
- CNC setup practicum
- Work experience in engineering or computer science
- Ability to read blueprint
- Basic computer skills
- Basic algebra and geometry knowledge
1. Meeting the above admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
2. For CNC programming course information, please refer to the CNC and MasterCAM Technology diploma program.
3. For the version information of MasterCAM, please contact the admission advisors at 416 585 9880.
Career Opportunities upon Graduation
Upon successful completion of the MasterCAM Course, a graduate will be competent in the following positions:
- CNC Programmer
- CNC Operator
- CNC Setup Operator
- Quality Inspector
Financial Assistance at Metro College of Technology
Canadian or landed immigrant students enrolled in the MasterCAM course at Metro College of Technology may be eligible for financial assistance.
Ontario second career and student financial assistance services may be available to those who are qualified and in search of a college accounting diploma. In addition, the Toronto Metro College of Technology offers tuition installment payment plans to help students manage their tuition payments.