Paralegal Diploma Program in Toronto
The paralegal course offered by Metro College of Technology, located in Toronto, provides students with systematic legal services training, substantive and procedural knowledge essential to modern legal service environments, and practical skills required to read, understand, and interpret the law when providing legal services to the public.
The one year paralegal diploma program at Metro College will help individuals gain the knowledge required to provide clients with legal advice and consultation. Graduates will have a variety of employment opportunities in different organizations and those who have entrepreneurial aspirations can start a Paralegal business and provide legal services to the public for a fee.
Paralegals licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) are reputable professionals who enjoy high levels of career satisfaction and financial achievement.
Courses of Paralegal Diploma Program:
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Communication and Writing
- Criminal Summary Conviction Procedure
- Employment Law
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Evidence and the Litigation Process
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- Interviewing Skills for Paralegals
- Introduction to the Legal System
- Legal Accounting
- Legal Computer Applications
- Legal Research and Writing
- Practice Management/Operating a Small Business
- Provincial Offences/Motor Vehicle Offences
- Residential Landlord Tenant Law
- Small Claims Court
- Torts and Contract
- Tribunal Practice and Procedure
- OSSD or equivalent
- Good command of English language
- Basic computer skills
- Passing entrance test
Demand for paralegal services is experiencing rapid growth in Ontario. Licensed paralegal professionals have a great choice in career options. Our paralegal graduates will enjoy career opportunities in both public and private sectors.
- Paralegal Practitioner
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Law Professor
- Court Clerk
- Legal Consultant
- Law Clerk
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrator
- And more!
Metro College’s paralegal course has the following advantages:
- Accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC);
- Approved as a Canadian college diploma by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU);
- Teachers are experienced lawyers and paralegals;
- Paralegal graduates are eligible to take the LSUC paralegal license exam;
- 100% practicum placement;
- Excellent legal employment opportunity
The Metro College paralegal program will help individuals gain the knowledge required to provide clients with legal advice and consultation. Graduates who have entrepreneurial aspirations can start a Paralegal business and provide legal services. Paralegals licensed by the LSUC are reputable professionals who enjoy high levels of career satisfaction, and financial achievement.
Financial Assistance at Metro College of Technology
Canadian or landed immigrant students enrolled in the Paralegal course at Metro College of Technology may be eligible for financial assistance.
Ontario Second Career and student financial assistance may be available to those who are qualified and in search of a paralegal diploma program. In addition, Metro College of Technology offers tuition installment payment plans to help students manage their tuition payments.